A. Requirements for Enrollment in the Certified Physician Development Coach™ Program
- Participant must meet all coaching fundamental training prerequisites which is a minimum 15 coach training hours through a coaching school accredited by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) prior to the Program start date. Equivalent training through a non-ICF-approved school is acceptable only at PCI’s own discretion, and by PCI’s written approval.
- As a cohort member, Participant is expected to honor and abide by PCI’s values of honesty, integrity, professionalism, respect, and collegiality in all aspects of their attended Program.
- PCI may withdraw Participant’s enrollment in the Program at will and without cause.
B. The Certified Physician Development Coach™ Program
PCI is committed to providing specialized training through the following instruction, facilitation and learning resources:
- Coach training facilitated by professional coach instructors via a live kick-off, following by twelve (12) live webinars, and concluding with a live graduation capstone;
- Learning modules supporting advanced coaching proficiency areas;
- Training materials, buddy coaching guides and coaching structures;
- Access during the duration of the training to student-only online learning center with reading and viewing resources; and
- Mentor coaching sessions facilitated by PCI instructors, to be completed within the 6-month training (Mentor Coaching Scheduling and Guidelines available on request).
C. Earning the Certification and Training Hours
Participant must complete the coaching assignments and field work (as outlined in the PCI Proficiency Portfolio) on pace with the Program cohort, completing all elements by the conclusion of the Program. If special circumstances arise that prohibits progress, additional time may be granted to the Participant by special approval of PCI Executive Director in writing.
At the conclusion of the Program, Participant will earn the Certified Physician Development CoachTM credential, provided the following criteria are successfully met:
- Participant has satisfactorily completed the PCI Proficiency Portfolio elements (PCI Proficiency Portfolio tracking form available on request); and
- Participant has demonstrated a commitment to improving the professional effectiveness and personal well-being of physicians and other healthcare team members.
Upon completion, Participant is provided with both a paper certificate and a digital file with the Certified Physician Development CoachTM logo. The coach must adhere to the PCI Logo Use Guidelines as detailed in this Agreement and as otherwise provided by PCI. The Certified Physician Development CoachTM credential is granted exclusively by PCI. PCI is accredited by the ICF as a provider of Continuing Coach Education (CCE) category training hours. After successful completion of the program, Participant will receive a certificate verifying successful completion and the ICF CCE hours earned.
D. Post-Training Status and Responsibilities as a Certified Physician Development Coach™
Upon graduation and certification, Participant will be considered a PCI Graduate in Good Standing (“Graduate”) and may use the Certified Physician Development Coach™ designation and logo, provided the coach continues to honor and abide by PCI core values of honesty, integrity, professionalism, and collegiality. PCI reserves the right to revoke the certification and designation for any violation of such obligations or other obligations detailed in this Agreement or other policies provided by PCI. PCI reserves the right to revoke the certification and designation at will and without cause.
PCI does not promise or guarantee client referrals. As a graduate of PCI, Participant does not represent PCI, nor does anything contained in this Agreement be construed to constitute the parties as partners, employees, agents or joint venturers of each other. No party shall have the authority to bind the other party in any respect.
E. Respecting PCI Copyright and Intellectual Property
A Graduate may only use the coaching guides, structures, or any other text or information included in any documentation, webpage, or display provided by PCI to participants in the Program or via any website or online platform owned or operated by PCI (collectively, PCI Materials) for use with their private coaching clients. Any other use of the PCI Materials is strictly prohibited without express written permission from PCI. Participants and Graduates also may not adapt, modify, or attribute any PCI Materials without PCI’s prior express written permission. If Graduate wishes to use any of the PCI Materials other than with private coaching clients, Graduate must contact PCI to license or contract such PCI Materials. Using the PCI Materials and intellectual property for train-the-trainer or train-the-coach purposes is strictly prohibited. All other rights to the PCI Materials are expressly reserved. A Participant who does not successfully complete graduation requirements, or who does not become a Graduate, or whose standing is revoked, is strictly prohibited from using PCI Materials in their business, their organization, or with clients.